Organic Millet Hulled- Australian- 500g
Organic hulled millet is a versatile and very digestible grain, often used by people on gluten-free or wheat-free diets. With its high nutrient content, including impressive starch levels, vitamin B, calcium, iron, potassium,zinc,magnesium, protein, fibre and fats, this small-seeded grain is cultivated throughout the world, both for livestock feed and human consumption! It is mainly grown in developing countries, but its ability to grow in relatively harsh, arid, and dry environments makes it an ideal crop for many countries.
Organic Millet has a mild flavour that lends itself well to seasonings. It is a popular grain in Africa, China & India where it is often used to make flatbreads. Millet can also be used to make a nutritious side dish or a hot cereal or porridge. Millet can also be added to soups, stews, and salads.
Simple ways to include more millet in your diet
- Make millet porridge for breakfast and top it with your favourite fresh fruit or berries
- Use puffed millet or lightly toasted millet to sprinkle over your cereal
- Use millet flour when making flatbread or muffins
- Next time you are looking for an alternative to potatoes or rice, make a nutritious side dish with millet or millet couscous
- Add cooked millet to your favourite soup or stew.
- Energy (kj): 1489
- Protein (g): 11.1
- Fat Total (g): 4.2
- Fat Saturated (g): 0.7
- Carbohydrate (g): 63.3
- Sugars (g): 0.4
- Sodium (mg): 5