Freeze Dried Kakadu Plum Powder 30g (Not organic)
Considered a gift of the Dreamtime, the Kakadu Plum is Australia’s star superfood performer. Kakadu Plum has exceptional nutritional and antiseptic properties and has been an important food and medicine in Northern Australia for millennia. From March to June, the local people harvest and consume this energizing, thirst-quenching fruit. Throughout the rest of the year, the tree sap is consumed to treat joint inflammation, whilst the bark is applied to the body to treat burns, rashes and infections.
The Kakadu Plum is also known as Bush Plum, Billygoat Plum, Gubinge, Murunga or Kabiny Plum. The taste of the fruit is tart with a delightful aroma of stewed apples and pears, with some cooked citrus, pickled and floral musk essence. Some say the fruit looks and tastes like an English gooseberry.
The Kakadu Plum in our product range has been freeze dried in order to best preserve its unique, powerful nutritional composition and unique flavour.
- Highest recorded levels of Vitamin C of any fruit in the world, measuring up to 100 times the Vitamin C content found in an orange.
- Due to its extreme potency, you only need 1g of Freeze Dried Kakadu Plum powder to match the Vitamin C content found in an entire orange. Exhibits outstanding antioxidant capacity, being 5.2 times more potent than the blueberry.
- Due to its exceptional anti-oxidant composition, it is believed that Kakadu Plum could provide the most powerful Alzheimer’s treatment to date.
- Celebrated for its medicinal properties and is a known antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral agent.
- A vegetarian source of iron and Vitamin E and contains 110μg of folate per 100g – the same amount found in broccoli.
The fruit can be used in cooking to add a cutting flavour to your dishes or added to smoothies, shakes and snacks in its powdered form as a sustenance boost.
INGREDIENTS: 100% Freeze Dried Kakadu Plum